The group went to a home in Baltimore, Maryland, where the entire family had been experiencing phenomena for some time. This is Part 3 of the story about what occurred during our visit, based on our readings, observations and experiences. Recommended reading: Part 1 and Part 2.
What time is it?
He wanted to know as he did not want to be late for his class. I asked him if he was having problems remembering things, and he told Crystal, “No – I’m a professor.” I then asked what year it was – and he was unable to remember.
I asked if it was okay to ask him some questions – he indicated that he was late, so we told him we would make it quick. This time, Sara did the asking. As we weren’t sure if he aware of his death, she phrased the questions in the present.
What is your name? Alexander Jackson.
He was now referring to himself as Alexander.
Why are you here? I’m reading a book, preparing for class.
What book? Chronicles of [word unclear]
Is this your house? Yes.
Are you married? No.
Do you have any children? No.
What do you do for work? Professor, Ancient Literature, Archaeology.
Are you a full time professor? Part time.
Ever want to go on an archaeological dig? Too old.
Are you happy right now? Yes.
What makes you happy? My students.
Do you know what year it is? 1996.
Do you know where you are? My house. Yes!
What year were you born? 1920.
When is your birthday? December 17.
Where did you grow up? Oregon.
Are you religious? No.
“What would your response be if we told you that you weren’t alive?”
I already know that. I’m not stupid.
This seemed like a good time to talk about going through the light. But what would compel him to leave the house and return to the spirit world?
Sara made the offer of helping him move to a place where he could read as much as he wanted, completely undisturbed. He replied to Crystal that he heard us talking earlier and knew what we were planning –and that Jacob was gone.
Sara then asked him if he wanted to go to the same place.
No! He’s in hell!
She asked if he would rather go to a better place, and told him that his aches and pains would go away. He would also see people that he missed. He then told Crystal that he had already seen a bright light – it was in the bathroom over the bathtub.
Alexander then mentioned the name Emma.
Crystal said that this was someone he cared deeply about. They were engaged to be married, but had broken up before tying the knot. His words to Crystal were, “I miss her so.”
He has a halo over his head.
He was referring to the client’s cat, who had just entered the room. He called him “angel cat,” as Crystal had called him earlier.
Alexander wanted to know more about the light – he told Crystal that he had been studying about the topic, but wasn’t able to find the answers he was looking for. He was aware that he had passed a long time ago, but wanted to learn more before moving through it. I explained to him how I understood it, and how he would be revitalized – his memories would return, he would meet his spirit guides, and he would be reunited with his soul group. Not to mention seeing Emma again.
That was enough to convince him.
The group led Alexander into the bathroom, and asked him to start calling for Emma. Crystal heard, “Alexander, what happened to you? We’ve been waiting for you for so long!”
Two minutes later, he was gone.
– – –
Just before leaving the client’s house, I walked upstairs and into the child’s room. The cat was asleep on the bed.
Before the investigation
When this case came in, the client was very frightened – the client’s mother called first with her concerns about her granddaughter, the family and the strange phenomena occurring in the house.
Since moving to an upstairs bedroom 12 months ago, the daughter told her mother that she had been talking to a spirit, who she referred to as “Emily.”
- The mother reported the following to GHPS:
- Electronic toys were turning on by themselves
- She felt drawn back to the house when leaving for long periods of time
- The previous tenants in home did not stay for long
- The phenomena became worse after child’s room was remodeled
The child reported this to her parents:
- Emily would try to get her to jump out of a window
- Emily told her that she wanted to hurt her parents.
- She felt she needed to stay home and protect her mother and father.
- Had seen a white light image outside of her window (the client’s husband also reported seeing the same light)
- Had recently has been seeing shadows, and warned her father. (he had also seen the shadows and did not tell the daughter)
The client’s husband reported:
- The daughter’s toy box flipped over and the top flew off on its own (client’s mother-in-law was on the phone at the time and heard the noise from the box)
- The family came home to find all of the daughter’s stuffed animals stacked in a pyramid shape on the living room floor.
- The daughter’s room found in complete disarray after leaving it clean before leaving the house.
- A book flew out of a closet and hit him.
- Feelings of being touched
- Feelings of something tugging at his shirt.
- Witnessed the shadow of a child, no more than five feet tall.
- He was having feelings of anxiety, paranoia, confusion and gloominess when in the house (these feelings would go away once he left).
Other unexplained events included the following: the cat in the household (who Crystal referred to as “Angel Cat”) would “freak out” for no apparent reason; the cat’s hair would stand on end at times without any observable explanation; the client’s elderly father, rarely if ever, would come out of the finished basement since moving into the house.
In trying to get some answers and help her family, the client visited a psychic. She was told she needed to have her house blessed, and to watch out for her daughter near windows. She was also told that there was an entity in the house, and the daughter kept coming up during her reading. The client also tried to get Emily to leave; the child continued to hear the spirit afterward.
After the investigation
As of two weeks later, the client has reported that the overall feeling of the home is much lighter. Her daughter told the client the following:
- Emily is in heaven now with her mommy, and the bad man and the wolf are gone.
- Emily can’t be a boy anymore – and can’t be mean to mom either.
- With Emily being gone she doesn’t have to be afraid anymore.
- Referred to their cat as “Angel Cat.”
The client’s father is now leaving the finished basement regularly, and is already becoming much more active inside and outside of the home.
The cat has “freaked out” once or twice, but only toward the attic door. When Crystal and I passed Jacob through, we discovered another spirit in the adjoining unit. He may have decided to “check things out” in the attic of the client’s home, and therefore the cat reacted.
And, the cat is now sleeping with the child every night.
We are still reviewing evidence, and will post the results when completed.